Tuesday, July 9, 2013

As the title plainly states, my application for the GH staff was declined. -single tear-

My good friends, Clint, Ray-an, J.B. and Vhince all applied for it as graphic artists, photographer and data entry officer, respectively. The benefits, experience and fun that could possibly happen while part of their staff was just too great so we all rushed to apply (after a few arguments) and get to the interviews despite all our clashing schedules.

I was apprehensive at first. Thinking about all the work that needs to be done, based on my year in high school as The Wisdom's yearbook lay-out artist. But after much coaxing and teasing from my friends, I decided to hell with it and applied. They were even mean enough to pretend like I was the only one who got accepted a few days after the interview! I almost believed them for most of the morning until Clint and Vhince had a slip-up haha.

Fortunately, they all got the official (not the one they made up for the prank) text today saying they got accepted. Of course, I was ecstatic for them! I knew how much they wanted to get in. They also deserved it. Every one of them specialized in their chosen field. In my end, I applied for the "Executive Editor" position which, I just dumbly wrote on the application sheet without knowing the complete job description, was the highest position in all of the staff. The other applicant for the same position was also already a previous member of the yearbook staff. A veteran, as compared to me, a newbie.

My fault for applying for something and not research about it. Anyway, it was a good experience and the guys still have my support, so it was worth it.
"Everything happens with a purpose." by Anonymous --with Vhince Chiu
 Still can't forget how stupid I was, though haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Popular Posts